Autism on the Line!
Helping first responders to properly assist autistic people in cases of emergency
THE ALERRT PROJECT
Funded by the European Commission, the Educating first Responders on how to Recognise and Treat autistic people (ALERRT: Autism on the Line!) project provides knowledge and skills to first responders across Europe on how to recognise, interact, and appropriately assist people on the autism spectrum in cases of emergency.
On World Autism Awareness Day (April 2), partners of the ALERRT project participated in the second stage of Autism-Europe’s awareness raising campaign, “I can learn. I can work”. The campaign aims to inform and raise awareness on access to education and employment for people on the autism spectrum, even during the pandemic and its containmentContinue reading “ALERRT partners support the second stage of the “I can LEARN. I can WORK.” campaign”
Subscribe to our newsletter
Do you want to learn more about our project?
Subscribe to our newsletter to learn our news by filling in the form!
Provide knowledge to VET trainers and first responders on how to respond effectively and safely to situations involving people on the spectrum.
Enhance understanding of autism throughout Europe.
Help families and caregivers of autistic people connect with first responders so that they can develop mutual understanding.
- ALERRT VET Training Curriculum for first responders.
- ALERRT VET Training Manual for first responders.
- Virtual reality training scenarios for first responders to use as an interactive learning tool for completing simulations on how to recognize and deal with autistic people in emergency situations.
- Safety Kit for autistic people and their families.
- E-learning platform in order to host all the materials created during the project.
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.